Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mavis Beacon isn't real!

(Ok... so I wrote this the other day, and I tried to post it, but it wouldn't work... so just remember, everything I said is a few days old. =) And.. I don't have time to put captions with the pictures right now... housework and all. and we might be goin out for John's birthday too.. oh yeah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!)
Much to my surprise, and I must say, dismay, Rachael has informed me that Mavis Beacon actually isn't a real person... they made her up. I feel so hurt and deceived... I mean, I thought I could trust Mavis. She encouraged me, when I failed typing tests. She listened to me when I yelled at the computer, again, when I failed typing tests. And she never yelled at me for looking down at the keys instead of typing by memory. We were so close, Mavis and I. And now, to think she's not even real.
ok ok, I'm done.
I don't know what that was all about... :-/ ;)
So yeah! Life's goin good... just eeeeeeeeeeeagerly awaiting the arrival of ALL of my family. Well, I mean... all of my siblings and their families. =D Eeeek, I can't wait! (ooh something smells like fried chicken! oh dear)
The Hacklers have been here for two weeks and one day already! :O :O :O I can't believe how fast it's gone by. It's been sooo lovely. =) At first, it was just shocking, but after a couple seconds it was like they'd never left at all. Well, mostly. ;) But anyway, it's fabulous, and I'm so thankful to God for working it all out. We've had prayer meeting two times now... and it's great. =)
Ang and Rach are still trying to get work... it didn't work out at Safeway for a certain position... but the front end manager (or somebody) said that if a cashier position opens up, Ang is at the top of the list. So Lord willing something will open up, if not at Safeway... somewhere. We still haven't heard back from Rosauers (another grocery store) about Rach working there. So if y'all could pray for all that, that'd be awesome.
Oooh, while we were on a walk yesterday morning... we found a very cute house for rent. It looks like a 2 (maaaaaybe 3) bedroom house... WITH a finished basement, though. We peaked inside the windows, of course. ;) So Ang gave them a call and left a message, and we haven't heard back yet. It's pretty close to us, which would be really awesome. We live on the corner of 20th St. and 11th Ave, and that house is on 15th Ave and 11th St, if you can picture that.
And now to the main point of my post, which I am shamefully late in attending to. ;)
We looked at the house Larry and Jen are going to rent Lord willing, when the get here. And it's SOO GREAT. He's painting the walls inside, and I must say, he has great taste in color. I didn't get very good or very many pictures... they certainly don't do the house justice. BUT, it is something.
























2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks so much for posting the pics Annie! They are great and it is wonderful to see everybody's faces. We miss you all so much and are looking forward to seeing you all! Much love forever and always

Unknown said...

And neither is Aunt Jemima, or Betty Crocker! But the gal who held the torch for...Universal? She was real and from my home town!

Only believe half of what you see, and less of what you hear!